25 Important content marketing statistics that you should know
Content marketing is an effective way to drive traffic to your website, increase leads and sales. If you like to stay ahead of the game in the world of content marketing, you must know the content marketing trends and statistics.
Here we have listed 25 content marketing statistics that will help you to guide your content marketing strategy.
Understanding the significance of content marketing will help you to make the right, statistical decision for your marketing strategy.
Let’s get started,
- 92% of content marketers say their organization views content as their business Asset ( Content Marketing Institute )
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates approximately 3 times as many leads ( Demand metric )
- 47% of buyers viewed 3 – 5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep. ( Demand Gen Report )
- 95% of B2B buyers consider content as trustworthy when evaluating a company and its offerings ( Wishpond )
- Conversion rates are nearly 6x higher for brands that use content marketing compared to those that aren’t ( Wordstream )
- The most effective B2B marketers spend 39% of marketing budget on content marketing ( Top Rank Blog )
- 68% of consumers feel more positive about a brand after consuming content from it. ( Marketing Profs )
- 80% of business decision-makers prefer to get information from articles rather than advertisements ( B2Bprblog )
- The top three content marketing tactics are blogging (65%), social media (64%), and case studies (64%). ( Snap app )
- 76% of B2B marketers prioritize delivering content quality over quantity ( Content Marketing Institute )
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13 times more likely to see positive ROI ( HubSpot )
- Businesses with blogs get 126% higher lead growth than those without. ( Content Marketing Institute )
- Websites with blogs have 97% more inbound links than those without ( Quicksprout )
- 61% of U.S online consumers made a purchase, after reading recommendations on a blog ( Content Marketing Institute )
- 87% of B2B buyers say online content has a moderate or major impact on purchasing decision ( CMO council )
- 95% of buyers are willing to share their name, company, and email address in return for content ( Demand Gen Report )
- 84% of people expect brands to produce content that entertains, provides a solution, or creates experiences and events ( Meaningful Brands )
- 72% of marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements, 69% say it is superior to direct mail and PR. ( Custom Content Council )
- 53% of content marketers use interactive content as part of the overall mix of content marketing tactics to influence the buyer’s journey. ( CMI )
- 93% of marketers agreed that interactive content is effective in educating its buyers. ( Toprank Blog )
- Interactive content generates 2 times more conversions than passive content ( Kapost )
- 81% of marketers agreed that interactive content grabs attention more effectively than static content ( CMI )
- 88% of marketers say interactive content helps to differentiate their brand from their competitors ( Business2community )
- Long-form blog posts generate 9 times more leads than short-form blog posts ( Siegemedia )
- 38% of bloggers update old articles and they are likely to get 34% more results on their content marketing efforts. ( Orbit Media )
I hope these statistics would have made you aware of the importance of content marketing and will help you to make necessary changes in your content marketing strategy.
Content writer and Marketer
An enthusiastic SEO expert, passion for digital marketing with two years of expertise in writing Digital Marketing and SEO content. She is a Master of Business Administration graduate from a reputed university in south India. Her passion for SEO and online marketing helps her to stay up to date with the trends and strategies. Follow her on social media sites, to stay up to date with SEO, and Digital Marketing, Updates. To contact Raji, visit the contact page.