For the last few years, video marketing plays a pivotal role in the business's overall marketing strategy. And in 2020, it is predicted to grow even more than ever before. Videos are a more effective, engaging, and popular model of content than any other model of content formats to promote and grow your business.
In this article, we will share with you some of the video marketing statistics, that will help you to comprehend the importance of video marketing. And these stats clearly prove that the video content has become more important for any business's marketing strategy than ever.
Video help to understand the content easily and it turns even the complex information in an easy-to-digest format.
If you are looking to improve your overall marketing strategy, it is the right time to put video at the forefront of your marketing strategy.
Recommended post: 7 Important tips for video marketing success
According to Buffer, Companies that use videos in their marketing receive 27% higher click-through rates and 34% higher conversion rates than those that don’t.
1. 78% of people watch online videos every week and 55% of people watch online videos daily (Biteable)
2. In 2022, 82% of all consumer internet traffic will come from video. (Cisco)
3. One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words (Forrester)
4. 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television (Google)
5. Users view more than 1 billion hours of video every day on YouTube. (YouTube)
6. When learning about a product or service, 72% of people prefer video over text. (Wyzowl)
7. 75% of worldwide all mobile data traffic will be video by 2021 (Cisco)
8. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video. On the other hand, they retain only 10% of a message when they read it in a text. (Forbes)
9. 58% of consumers trust a brand with videos more than a brand without videos (Animoto)
10. 92% of marketers said the video is an important part of their marketing strategy (Wyzowl)
11. Video increases organic search traffic of a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
12. Video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 86% (Eye view digital)
13. Video marketers earn 66% more qualified leads per year through video. (Optinmonster 2019)
14. 73% of B2B marketers said videos have a positive influence on their ROI (Tubular insights)
15. 80% of marketers said video has increased the dwell time on their website (Wyzowl)
16. 85% of marketers said that video is an effective way to get attention online. (Animoto)
17. On average, users spend 2.6X more time on pages with video than those without. (Wistia)
18. 64% of people are more likely to buy a product online, after watching a video (Hubspot)
19. Companies that use videos in their marketing receives 27% higher click-through rates and 34% higher conversion rates than those don’t. (Buffer)
20. Video Ads have an average click-through rate of 1.84%, which is higher than all digital ad formats. (Businessinsider)
21. Videos shared on social media 12X more than image and text content combined. (Word stream)
22. Social media posts with video have 48% more views. (Hubspot)
23. 57% of millennial consumers watch more video ads on social media than on TV (Animoto)
24. Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram are the marketer’s top 3 preferred platforms for social media video Ads (Animoto)
25. 73% of marketers create at least 2 videos per month for their social media marketing. (Animoto)
26. 93% of businesses gain a new customer as a result of posting a video on social media. (Animoto)
27. 53% of consumers engage with a brand after viewing a video on social media. (BrightCove)
28. 75 million people visit Facebook’s video platform each day ( Adweek)
29. On average, Facebook videos receive 135% more organic reach than a Facebook photo. (Socialbakers)
30. Facebook’s native videos have 10X higher reach than YouTube links (Socialbakers)
31. 62% of people are more interested in a product or service after watching it in a Facebook story (Marketing Land)
32. 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter. (Twitter)
33. Videos on Twitter are 6 times as likely to be retweeted as photos (Twitter)
34. Tweets with videos are 6X more likely to be retweeted than tweets with images and 3X more likely to be retweeted than tweets with a GIF. (SocialMediaToday)
35. On average, live videos are watched, three times longer than pre-recorded videos (Social media Today)
36. Nearly two-thirds of consumer prefer video under 60 seconds (Insivia)
37. Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement (Wistia)
38. 90% of consumer watch videos on their mobile devices (Wyzowl)
39. 96% of people said they have watched explainer videos to learn about product or service (Wyzowl)
40. Users close a webpage because of an auto-play Ads and Google chrome also blocks auto-play ads (MarketingLand)
41. “How to” searches on YouTube have grown 70% year on year (Searchengineland)
42. Including the word “video” in an email subject line can increase the click-through rates by 65% and boost the open rates by 19%. (Brainshark)
43. Incorporate videos in blog posts attract three times as many inbound links as than those without (Moz)
44. 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound. (Digiday)
45. 80% of consumers believe that demonstration videos are helpful when making a purchase. (Blue corona)
I hope these video marketing statistics will help you to know the importance of videos at your marketing strategy and it also helps you to create an optimized video marketing strategy for your brand.
Content writer and Marketer
An enthusiastic SEO expert, passion for digital marketing with two years of expertise in writing Digital Marketing and SEO content. She is a Master of Business Administration graduate from a reputed university in south India. Her passion for SEO and online marketing helps her to stay up to date with the trends and strategies. Follow her on social media sites, to stay up to date with SEO, and Digital Marketing, Updates. To contact Raji, visit the contact page.